My heart aches when I see children (babies and the unborn) suffer including the mothers that are HIV+. I remember in 1995 when thousands of children where left without parents and that applies today. Whole villages and communities wiped out. Just empty huts/houses where you looked.
Today the same applies in Africa and South Africa in the context that many are born HIV+ due to know choice of theirs. Many women are shunned and raped. There are so many cultural beliefs and differences that it makes passing on the message of hope very difficult. That is why we have to provide unconditional love and understanding.
We tend to walk past and say it is not our problem and hope that it will just go away. Like one of the comments that was left which left me ice cold “All HIV+ people should be killed” such ignorance. I do not hate the person who made the comment but wonder what is actually going through that persons mind and what culture they come from. It’s better to educate such individuals that right them off.
What are you doing about your community and the individuals and families affected by HIV? You should ask yourself, how can I help and play a positive role. What talents or surplus do I have to give?
Well this is the thought for the day.
Mark Gavin Farrell
The Rose Of Life © 1990-2008
No comments:
Post a Comment