Sunday, February 03, 2008

Genocide of the innocents?

Well yesterday on Facebook I placed a topic about my journey with HIV. I was shocked at one of the comments made that all people who are HIV should be killed.

This saddens me to see this mentality still exists in the world. I wanted to ask the person who posted that comment, what about the unborn and babies who are born HIV+ must they too be killed? The mentality is almost that of genocide and here we go Auswitz all over again.

I take this comment as ignorance and lack of education. We need to educate the world out there about HIV. I once went for an interview for a job with an well know international company and when I revealed my status after three interviews they requested a full medical and a certificate of good health which I gave to them.

But before this, during the interview I was told that they where concerned about the fluorescent lights that would affect me and could I please bring in a certificate of good health before they could proceed. I handed in the certificate and it was placed in the open in full view of all the staff.

They never returned my calls or emails after that. I am astounded that a medical company should have put me through all of that and not have the decency to get back to me or even return my personal documents or even confirm that it was shredded.

Well the good thing is that is the past and we are now moving into the future.

I know that we have problems in the world, but my hope is that those who read my blog, will see that genocide of all HIV+ people or any people is an option to eliminate a disease or problem.

To all those who are HIV+ live life to the fullest!

Mark Farrell

No comments: