May you all rest well this night. Today was chaotic at work. I was depressed at one stage due to all the negativity but did not allow that to affect my productivity. You have to think positive in any situation. Today was one of them.
I am currently working my ass off and to top it all I don't even take a 15 min break or so. All the companies that I have worked for in the past 20 odd years or so, I have been loyal till the end.
I am now at home and I am so tired. I poured myself a glass of coke and brandy. Put my feet up and relaxed. My back is killing me as it is so painful. If it was not for my partner and his understanding especially when it comes to me and my dementia which sometimes makes him so angry as I forget where the hell I have put things.
Guys I fully understand as my partner has learned how to cope with my dementia and has seen how I have put in place coping mechanisms and with his love, understanding and patience he just laughs at me when I get frustrated when I forget something and he shows me where it is.
I have never let my disability place a negative impact in my life. I have learned to used my mobile, Derek's computer and other tools to assist me.
In my work I am very good as I have all my tools in place. I understand those who are HIV+ and suffer from memory loss and share all that I have learnt with them. So that they may overcome and live life to the fullest.
The lesson today is, don't let your disability take away your functionality in life.
No comments:
Post a Comment