Monday, February 18, 2008

Monday morning message

This coming week as from I will be commenting on news items that I come across on HIV. It will not pertain just to people who are HIV+ but on general news items that report the abuse of human rights of those who are HIV-. This week I was shocked to find out that there are HIV+ individuals who are not informing others of their status and infected others without informing them of their status. Not only that one person was convicted of infecting a young man with HIV after molesting him. This is very sad in deed.

I made a promise along time ago to be open and transparent. In 1995 I made a promise to the world that I would not hide my status and inform those around me that I am HIV+ that they may have the choice. Things have changed regarding the attitude of HIV/AIDS but the stigma still remains as you can see the previous history of my blog.

My aim in life is to educate and change the negative outcome of stigma. Its not an easy task and one has to be a good listener to be able to achieve a positive reaction and proactive dialogue within communities.

So today its back to work and as I ponder on the thousands of South Africans and Africans who are HIV+ and those who have full blown AIDS.

May you all have a blessed day and don't forget to perform you random act of kindness, have a great day all.

 

Mark

No comments: