Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Truth About Illness Living With HIV

When I became ill with Autoimmune orchitis and triple infection all at the same time I thought the end was nigh.

I went through so much pain before I went to hospital where they treated me over two days. At this stage my CD4 count was way below 150.

I would never want anyone to go through both the mental and physical anguish that I went through.

At times I screamed at God and said please take my life! But deep within I did not want to surrender because that flame deep within my soul said you live not for yourself but for all those who are HIV+!

This was a major turning point in my life. Where I was preparing myself for death with dignity. I was ready to go but the fight within me and my strong will brought me through.

Now I have been through rejection, been on my death bed and loss of a partner due to AIDS.

Yet, I am still here and I have not changed my vision and that will remain my focus for the rest of my life.

Don't let HIV rule your life, manage and integrate it into your life and you will only prosper.

I write this for those who might be in a similar situation. Don't give up be a survivor in all things.

Mark

No comments: