Sunday, March 09, 2008

Sunday 9th Of March 2008 Week in Review

Well its almost another week that has flown by. On Monday through Wednesday it was chaos at work as there was so many calls and basic queries. Derek of course was infected by a stomach bug which led us to go and see my HIV specialist Dr.Moira Biersteker at the Brooklyn Medical Centre. As I have suspected its now time for Derek to start ARV treatment soon as his CD count has been dropping so rapidly its frightening.

I was in tears many times this week as I lay awake next to him hearing him scream in pain and agony but I did not leave him for one moment. No matter how little sleep I had, my concern was his health and that I would bare the consequences when I got to work. Been tired and worried constantly about Derek and all the calls from clients put a great deal of strain on my physical and emotional being.

I overcame this by putting my coping mechanisms in place. At one stage this week I said I don't want you to die you have to recover and get well.

Karin my colleague helped me get through this week and I am most grateful to her and may the Lord bless her in all her ways.

Now its my turn with this bloody stomach bug but at least I know it wont last long and there is medication in place and I know what to expect. I will have to arrange a meeting with one of the NGO'S regarding my project which I now know will be the 1st of its kind in the world. I have prayed for many years for wisdom and to have Him guide me with the gifts he has given me.

Now that opportunity has arrived and I will enact those ideas and place them in action will the tools I have.

We all have heroes and my hero is Mahatma Gandhi and Mandela.

We must stand together and reach out to all those that we know are HIV+ and spread the word of hope and love. Empower not just ourselves but them as well. Growing with HIV should be part of life and integrated within your lifestyle to live a better healthier life.

Of course there are going to be days where you are going to experience the dark side of society and illness that is just part and parcel of been HIV+.

The video below is my dear friend Kevin's 1st solo jump which he did yesterday. He certainly hit the target, he is a great golf player too. This was his hole in one. Congratulations Kevin and I encourage you to keep on going and fly high above the rest of us!

No comments: