Well its almost bed time again. I slept today as my body is taking strain with this bacterial gastro infection. There are so many people that are infected and I wonder if it is more than a common virus and if it is not from our local water supply. Earlier this year we had an epidemic in one of our towns due to the water supply been contaminated but heh what do I know.
Coming back to earlier today where I was reading some emails, I came across one that really touched me. My message is that no matter what happens along life's way with been HIV+, you can overcome all the problems and challenges that come your way.
I am living proof of that. I have taken all the good and bad and have moved on. I know its not easy when you see a friend die of AIDS or even when you are very ill fighting two fronts at the same time. The one been your mental ability to cope and watch your body going into a state that brings fear to you. Not knowing when or what is going to happen next. Living on the edge should I say.
I learnt to go with the flow and have as many close friends as possible in the time of need and accept help and assistance. I know that in some cultures there are severe criticism of one been HIV+ and a negative destructive input surrounds you. You have the right to choose where you want to be and who you would like to have as your friends. This is where we define and refine our friends. The test of true unconditional love and acceptance.
Either you totally accept me with unconditional love or bugger off that is my attitude. If anyone can't accept you the way that you are, then they should not be around you at all.
Empower yourself with coping mechanisms and implement them in your life. Embrace unconditional love and love yourself for who you are.
Take up a hobbies be proactive and creative with your mind.
To make my point let me show you two photo's, so that you can see what I looked like when I was ill and a photo currently taken.
So by these two photo's quite a few years apart you can see that if you integrate and manage HIV you can live a long and health life!
Each of us perceive been HIV+ in a different way and we have to find a way of living with it for the rest of our lives. Its up to you to find that path and engage it with vigour.
Of course not all perceive life as I do. We all have our own choices to make but take in mind with choices come consequences.
As I have said before I promise to be transparent and open on my blog, but this blog is yours too. We need to build each other. So if you have any comments, feel free to do so.
I would like to hear from you and I am sure there are many others too.
Together we can make a difference in the world and let all those who are alone, know that they are not.
God bless and rest well.
Mark xxxx
Quote of the Day:
To cease smoking is the easiest thing. I ought to know. I've done it a thousand times.
--Mark Twain
| Romans 8:28“[More Than Conquerors] And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” |
As we love God, he loves us. The last commandment was that we love one another as he loved us!
No comments:
Post a Comment