Sunday, April 06, 2008

Week in review Sunday 6th April 2008

Well its been one of those long working weeks again. Busy as hell at work and I still have not had the chance to even work on my project or get around to doing anything. I just have the chance to glance at some emails and reply and then go and rest. Well at least my life returns to normal on Monday when I can rest at home and not take calls as the boss is back.

I can understand when he used to do all these things and more and still have to take calls late at night. He is a person that gives so much of himself and the clients.

Derek and I had dinner at Sauls a local restaurant dance club all combined in Greenpoint. (Sauls The Venue) This was on Monday passed since they run a special for two hamburgers for the price of one. It was great.

We are starting to socialize even though we cant do this all the time as I have said we felt bad when our quality friends always sponsored us. We live a humble life and take all that comes our way with vigour and overcome all the negative energies with positive results. I suppose we are conditioned to accept what life brings our way with a realistic outlook and anticipation.


I have joined Medialert and registered myself for tag to wear incase I become ill or in an accident so that the doctors and ambulance crew are aware of my HIV+ status. I have taken this step in my things to do to set an example that one should not fear having your status known incase of an emergency.

I know that I can but there are many who cant take the step that I have taken. As soon as the tag arrives I will take a photo and publish it here. My personal view is that it is a good idea to have a Medialert tag in any emergency to not only to notify what medication you are on but your entire medical history. I do realise that many cant do this due to stigma and fear but I want to be one of the first to set an public example  and be open about my status in this way.

So I will practice what I preach.

No comments: