Well I am currently doing what I do best, preparing a paper on the HIV/AIDS pandemic for a dear friend. Its important when looking at the pandemic in South Africa that we have a brief history of its origin. To many speculations have confused many over the years.
We also need to take the many cultural groups into context and how to approach them with their dignity and culture intact. Western ways are not always the best ways of approach, especially when you have an traditional mindset which is very difficult to break through too. So we have to integrate and refine the mechanisms that we use to bring across the message of HIV/AIDS.
There still remain many barriers which cause problems with taking Antiretrovirals and been compliant.
I will be presenting this in a document.
The South African Government must take a stand on some urgent issues, which I will also be raising and bringing to the front.
My email read on Radio 702 South Africa
My one friend called me to let me know that my email was discussed on radio live. And one of the callers was furious. Saying that I should be happy that I have a job and that I have Internet access and so on. The problem in this country is our mindset of defeat and been the underdog. If I have to throw in the towel then I will let down all that are involved. Too many people resign and submit themselves to employers who manipulate and abuse their staff. As they have no recourse and faith in the system, they just continue with the abuse. They find that they are in a catch 22 situation and without a job they have no income. If they complain they will be fired. There is so much corruption. But it is time that we take a stand for each other and make things right.
So entrapped you continue to work no matter what the cost to you or your family. The bottom line is money and food on the table. So mindset has to change.
Once again I say, "Its time we take a stand for a better South Africa" I do this all not just for myself but for all South Africans of all race.
That's all for now.
Mark
--
Mark Farrell "The Rose Of Life"
Mobile 27 76 280 2833
Living just not for myself but for all those affected and infected by the HIV/AIDS pandemic
Building a better future of communication