Thursday, April 13, 2006

Philosophy April 2006 Humanity

Humanity
We begin only to understand what it is like to be a beggar scratching out of dustbins and scraps of food once we have been there ourselves. Too many times we look down on those in poverty but don't look into the individuals soul and spirit.

We can have all the riches in the world but we still do not have love and happiness. All we see is a dirty old man with torn clothes. Have we taken the time to get to know that individual and grant the right to dignity?

Even in the poorest of the poor there is love and understanding. Although they may be cold in the winter theirs hearts are aflame with love.

They have immense skills in survival that we do not even have. We as fellow humans should not look down and judge. But listen to the wisdom that they share. Since some where as what we are.

So many we pass by without a blink.

Earlier last year when I run out of money I opened up my heart and there was a stage where I was tempted to scratch for food when I was hungry out of dustbins, but in silence I could not do that.

Not all have the tools available for assistance. I was at the bottom, broken, dismayed, disillusioned and wanted to give up. But, when I was invited by beggars to join them it gave me hope that there is kindness in humanity and you find acceptance anywhere at may by least where you would expect it.

At the moment I do not have surety of my future or my dreams. My health well that has not been too well but...I have to carry on.......

Let us not forget the orphans,children and those who are without this day. I have been there recently although I had a roof over my head....

I am humbled by all that has transpired in my life and the greatest is the gift of love I have received.

Insomuch, I am strengthened not to give up or surrender but to follow through with all that I do. Yes my body and mind is tired. But..I have to carry on writing and publishing, the message of hope and love must be conveyed.

I must be honest my faith in humanity almost vanished, but through events that flame of hope never died. I fear no man only God, for he is the only one who can dam my soul for all eternity. Its with this faith that I keep on going.

That I may stand upright one day and say to the world, "I have been humbled and have overcome all with wisdom and understanding" That you may all have The Rose Of Life. That each of you represent a petal in a rose.

I in all humility before mankind, I will endeavour to hold up the dignity of all peoples of all nations and provide the coping mechanisms of life to those affected and infected by the HIV/AIDS pandemic.

No matter even if I am on my death bed, the pen will be in my hand and too the last stroke I shall write the message of goodwill and hope. There may not be a cure for AIDS, but the pen can provide words that soothe the soul and spirit.

Mark Farrell
Pos4life
Poetry and Philosophy
April 2006

--
Mark Farrell "The Rose Of Life"
Mobile 27 76 280 2833
Living just not for myself but for all those affected and infected by the HIV/AIDS pandemic
Building a better future of communication