Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Update

Yesterday I received a call at 6.30am to inform me that my dad was not doing well and that is was on a ventilator and that every three days he was on the kidney machine.

Its really sad as Saturday he was smiling and joking but yet once again he has slipped into illness and to my surprise he was on morphine for the last few days.

The nurses have always been upfront and honest but they omitted to inform me about the morphine.

As I have been a care worker with HIV/AIDS patients and the last patient I was attending was one of my friends partners who passed away after a long battle with cancer. So I am quite aware of the use of morphine.

I have been told that dad is in a stable but very serious situation and last night I could not sleep, compounded by the flu that I have.

But, I have such a wonderful partner who supports me through the good and bad times.

Please keep the faith guys.

Mark

No comments: