Sunday, June 01, 2008

My dad is still in ICU

My dear friends I saw my dad yesterday after not seeing him for three days to too me been so emotionally tired and calling the hospital every day about three times a day for progress.

I was in shock as he was on a kidney machine and respirator due to the pancreas infection and other underlying factors. He just kept staring into the lights.

It was scary and all the family was there and we take turns in seeing him and bringing him love and encouragement.

I had to hold back to tears and Derek held my and my dad's hand and that is what we all needed a united front of support for my dad.

I spoke to my brother in law and we have become close over the last week or so due to him loosing his mother and now a close shave with death with my dad.

The emotional highlight of yesterday is that the family said he was not speaking but as the last one there with Derek he spoke briefly to us, clear and audible before going into a status again.

I said to him that I love him very much and that I want him to know that and he must pull through and he replied that he knew that I loved him and passed out.

Just those words made me want to cry that he knew that as his son I was doing all that I could for him.

My life in the last three weeks has been thrown into so much emotionally turmoil, if it was not from the support my partner gave me and the way he has stood by me, I would have crashed by now.

I pray for my dad's recovery every day and that he will be able to live a some what normal live a normal life again, been realistic too even though he does come out of hospital he will still have to have care.

My tribute today is to my dad been a good father and husband.

May he live a long and prosperous life.

 

Mark

No comments: