Wednesday, June 25, 2008

My father passed away on the 23rd of June 2005

After a long battle of 31days in ICU my dad finally found peace and passed away. The doctor called me on Monday to inform me that he has been in a coma for over a week and that all his organs where failing at a rapid rate and that death was imminent.

I sat with my dad and told him how much I loved him and that I would miss him but that he would soon be with his wife and that they would be together again.

At his death bed I was sad and thanks to my partner who kept me stable during this all, I watched my dad slip away and pass away.

Now I have to make all the funeral arrangements and content with the rest of the family whom are upset at the will status which has left me with everything as the only surviving son.

Its just so unpleasant to have to contend with bickering step brothers and sisters who think they are going to loose out.

My dad was so organised that he had left instructions to the letter before I took him to hospital on what was to be done after his death.

This was his wish and as his son I will carry all his wishes out to the letter no matter what the rest of the family bickers about his estate.

My dad new before hand about the problems that might occur after his death and made dam sure that all was in order and that the right things would be done.

He passed away a month after his wife's funeral to the hour we had taken him to hospital. Strange but this is how it happened.

I loved my father and have made sure that both his ashes and his wife's are scattered together as I have never seen two people so in love for over 18yrs.

We are supposed to stand together as a family but in this case it seems that some members of the family just are greedy or just plain difficult.

Emotions are running high at this moment and over a couple of days things should calm down.

Then I can bring the family together and try and establish unity as a family should be united at all times, not bickering over stupid things.

Mark

1 comment:

Nick Chan Abdullah said...

hi sorry to hear about your father's passing

it is indeed sad to hear about the bickerings over money issue.