Monday, March 06, 2006

Synopsis from August 2005 - 6th March 2006 Please Read

I personally have suffered under the failure of the Bill Of Rights my basic constitutional rights and Labour Law Rights Of my goverment and am dismayed and depressed due to the chain of events that have occurred from August 2005 until today 6Th March 2006.

I will try my best to give a brief and in chronological order what has transpired to this day.
  • August 22nd 2005 I formally went faxed through the CCMA unfair labour practice procedures to my employer Phil Buchler after many attempts of reconciliation and arbitration on behalf of myself and collegues.
  • Back and forth to the Department Of Labour with all staff trying to explain that we need an urgent application of action against Riversteam CC for salary owed and UIF/PAYE payments
  • I had to call the Reciever Of Revenue since the Department Of Labour at that time could not place a simple call and verify that the UIF/PAYE had been paid from the 8th of August 1997 until 31st of April 2005 (no.200704064)
  • They refused to accept this information and load it on the system
  • They wanted the owner Mr.Phil Buchler to fax through the documents to another department and they would load it
  • I HAD EXPLAINED THAT THIS WOULD NOT BE POSSIBLE AS HE COULD NOT BE REACHED AND MADE SURE THAT HE COULD NOT BE REACHED
  • I made several attempts face to face with Stuart Ehler the manager of Steamers at the time including Wayne Sullivan and Phil Buchler to send off the fax but it was not done.
  • The directors showed no remorse in their ways, none what so ever.
  • Even though I had reported them to the Reciever Of Revenue and The Department Of Labour for a forensic Audit on their accounts and so on
  • So in the end we could not claim and still can not claim UIF which was paid for and was legally ours
  • Goverment has failed us
  • Why did they not have it loaded on their system and after 9 years this does not make sense
  • Why did the Cape Town City Council allow the bussiness to operate without a liquor license or bussiness license or the Department Of Labour not do an inspection
There are so many unanswered questions. So with the CCMA on strike things just got worse and worse. I had to find another job to support not just myself but my life partner who was ill and under great stress and depressed that there was no longer any income.

At this time of September as you can see my the archives on this blog I started asking for help in any way that I could. I have failed in doing so not just for myself but for all my ex collegues and in memory of my deceased partner. I feel that i have failed because I did not have to time to follow through or anyone to help me.

Currently from September 2005 I started work and informed my current employer of the previous status of my employer and he my current employer promised me that he would register UIF/PAYE and abide by the Labour act.

I have and still do work seven days on night shift and one day off. (12hrs shifts) Without night allowance, overtime, double time or any extra pay. He does not comply with the law and has failed me such as my previous employer.

I have not even had the chance to mourn the loss of my life partner and sometimes have gone without food. Its crazy and unaceptable

To work for instance Mon - Sun 6am -6pm Then Off on Monday morning 6am until Tuesday 6pm and then the cycle starts again Tuesday to Tuesday without overtime. My health is not doing to well and when I became sick I was accused of been in a gay steambath and sent the sms to my doctor i was so traumatised.

Not too mention when Robert was passing away I was speaking to one of the parnters in the present employment that i find myself in and on the next day i was told that the senior partner was upset because i did not inform him that i would not be at work.
its just too much.

How in god's name can we allow such people to run a bussiness who just dont care a dam about their workers and openly have disregard for The Bill Of Rights and The Labour Law I just dont have enough time in the day to sort all of this out I am too tired

Please guys come on help me I am weak and tired and I do need help. As I have said before I do have supporting documents and much more. This is just not for myself but for all those who have been abused like myself and other staff members that may be going through the same thing.

We cant permit this injustice to continue for all South Africans

Pls if you can help call me
0733476919
Mark Gavin Farrell



Yahoo! Mail
Bring photos to life! New PhotoMail makes sharing a breeze.

No comments: