I have just posted this on gay.com out of desparation
New Topic Go to Top Go to Topic Search
Previous Message Next Message
A desparate plea for help from Cape Town South Africa
Author: mark farrell
Today at 10:30pm
Hi there my name is Mark Farrell and I am 41yrs old and have survived the virus for over 13yrs now. I really dont know where to start. I write this with all hunility and the little dignity that I have as what I am going to tell you is true and factual and due to my health I am making this public in the hope that someone out there may help me regain my dignity and respect.I have dedicated my life to all those affected and infected for over 10yrs and started recording my life's journey through a book called The Rose Of Life which is based on my life's work of poetry, philosphy and other entries. to provide real images via the pen of the suffering and the good times that i have been through.It provides guidlines and coping mechanisms to those that might find themselves in the same position that I once was and by implementing them in their lives live a healthier life and overcome thier problems and enhance their lives and in return can do the same for others.I was the first to start free internet radio staion via lycos and chat lines for people who where infected by the virus. But due to time and the job I had and old computer I could not always complete my dream.But this is not why I am wrting about, its about what I have been through the last 11 years of employment, the loss of my partner and my assets due to total contempt for the labour law here in south africa. I have tried south african1.Radio Stations2.TV Stations3.Oposition Party Leader in our Parliment4.National goverment labour 5.National magazines and newspapersEven though I have publicly made my plight known, none came to my aid. Its disgusting because its just not myself but the others that have been affected that are hiv neg which are my collegues.But what f***s me off the most is the loss of my life partner due to all the stress and to cope with all of this. I am so furious that it seems that I will have to stand outside our National Govement with a placard to draw attention My personal blog site is at http://uk.gay.com/boards/redirect.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Ftheroseoflife.blogspot.com pls if u read this start at the earliest archive in 2005.There has to be someone out there that can retore a person's dignity and repspect.Just to give you a brief I have just recoverd from HIV/AIDS Stage III due to my employers disregard for my life and rights I worked for more than 8 years 15hrs a day and mostly nightshift and sometimes 36hrs. At that time I thought that because I was HIV+ no one would employ me, so I suffered quietly and no matter how sick I was I remained faithfull. No matter how money he took from my wages even though he new what my financial situation was, I could not pay for my ARV'S I had to find sponsors who then bailed out and so.I worked with bells palsy and another infection in great pain and that who I was and am, I dont let HIV rule me and tried to set an example that you can survive and come out on tops. But I was never rewarded but abused. My manager one day in a drunk stupor hit me and kicked me to the ground infront of staff, humliated me and I just had to take it. This is the sort of people I worked for.After 8 years of worked we all where told to leave without pay or retrenchment and this is after one of the most senior partners promised me that he would change things and that i should not resign. I remained loyal and kept to my post until they closed on the 22nd August 2005. They left us with nothing. I followed our goverment procedures and fought for what was due but the boss asked me to hold out or we would get nothing. I new that he would not answer the phone or recieve registered mail on purpose to avoid prosecution and I warned our authorities about this and they did nothing.When it was too late, my boss could not be found. My life partner at that stage was ill and I had to attend to him and inform him that there was no money. I had to sell my personal things that I had worked for years for all lost and gone For three weeks I sacrificed food for my partner and this sending emails of urgency to inform his family of our situation and his medical condition been hiv+ as well. I managed to get a job for 2500zar and the rent was 3700zar and I was trying to sell things to make the rent buy food and so on. For three weeks I fed, bathed him, carried him and dried him. He told me that he was a burden to me..its so sad really, I was an living example to him to fight for life but... the stress just grew t much and every day I started work at 6pm and got home early in the moring at 6am I had to see to him. Thats what a life partnership is all about. He started to loose all interest in life and I saw that, I rushed him to hospital several times but they sent him home and he did not go to his appointments. Then on the 26th Of September 2005 at 6.30am I got home to find him in the bathroom naked and telling me that the curtains where open and they where closed and that he was dying and pls to hold him I called for help as his body temp was 27 deg c and I could not get blood pressure I called the ambulance and told them that he was going to have a stroke and that he could die. they said we have no ambulances I started calling people by phone including the hosptial my doctor and friends for help. My neighbour was assisting me. Then at 9am the ambualnce had still not arrived my hiv doc sent the firebrigade which only arrived 30min later. But in the mean time i was speaking to my current boss and i said robert was dying and he said to me mark he is not. robert called out to me and said hold me and i held him he looked at me and i said the ambulance is on the way and that i love him and he must try and hold on, but he had a stroke and died while looking in my arms and the phone still attached to my ear.My boss heard all of that but the next day bitched me for not telling his partner and so on. On the day of his funeral I had to leave straight from nightshift to the funeral and did not even have the time to mourn..and I still have not...I have not even followed his last wish and that was to take his ashes back to London and through him over the Thames. Everything I have said here can be confirmed by his past life partner in London if anyone wishes to verify what I have said and which is on my personal blog.My healt is failing and I am loosing all faith in humanity and the law. But, guys through all of this I cant give up the fight for diginty, respect and integrity... I cant work in this country or fufull my dream to complete my book to share my lifes skills in schools and empower others with understanding and acceptance of all cutlures who are living with the pandemic. To live a life full of dignity and respect.There has to be some instituion that can help me help educate and share the coping mechanisms that I have implemented not just in my life but in many others. To be able to share and empower the gifts which I have to the benifit of all.Furthermore I am lost for words.My south african mobile number is +27 76 280 2833my email address is markfarrellct-at-gmail-dot-comIf you are from the UK I will supply you the contact information for verificationThank you guys for reading this. I have faith in you and in humanityMark FarrellThe Rose Of LifePos4lifePeace and long life to all those affected and infected by the pandemic
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your lifestyle legacy what coping mechanisms and wisdom are you you to have blessed people's lives with who say thank you for been a part of lives
this is my journey of love my personal legacy to u
-
this is my journey of love my personal legacy to u
-
Quote of the Day: ARH!! I found it! --vyacheslavkozlovfan I do have Powerpoint presentations on all of the above and if you would like...
No comments:
Post a Comment