Thursday, January 05, 2006

Well its been a very

Well its been a very long December 2005 not every thing went to plan, I lost two of my dear friends to the pandemic and that was just in four days of each other and that is so sad. I thank God that I have survived so long and am in sort of good health. My viral load is 0 and my Cd4 count is up to 398 and that is dam good from the previous year when I was really so ill as you can see from the previous entries

At the moment I am not too well I went to hospital on Tuesday disorientated, high fever and dizzy. My doctor booked me off for a week and my temp was 39c and that is not good. I have not had any proper rest since the closure of Steamers and have been under constant high stress levels. Sometimes there has been days where I have had no food or money but I have just carried on and had to do things myself, this is really sad. After all the emails of help I sent out to friends mostly I got sympathy but no help.

Working 7 days a week nightshift without enough rest has caught up with me and I am exhausted and now have become ill due to some infection. How would you like you day to be like this, wake up at 3pm go to work at 5 pm and come home the next day at 7am and the cycle continues day after day. Even on your only day off you sleep and this is not on. Never mind when the person you work for once again I find myself in this predicament does not comply with the labour law and you have to suffer the consequences.

I am quite sad that this government does not do enough to help guys like me, and those who are in a similar situation, due to their employer’s absolute contempt for the labour law or the Constitution Of South Africa without conscience. The reason been because the people they employ will not take them, as they are too scared to do so for loss of their jobs. Such is the sad situation we find ourselves in.

But what has made me go over the edge, is that I have lost not just my income but life partner and seen my colleagues go hungry as I have and there is not a dam thing I can do, due to all the red tape involved with government.

There has to be someone out there they can help! For gods sake fellow South Africans, we just cant sit back and let this happen.

Please contact me 021-4225884 or my mobile 0762802833

Thanks Mark

No comments: