Today I am at Groote Schuur Hospital to have a stomach scope done. After waiting almost 6 months finally I have an appointment and the doctor that saw me was informative and informed me that I he was going to perform the procedure today.
the interesting factor is that for years I have been a heavy smoker and only ate once a day and of course now that I don’t smoke and its been a year I put on more than 20kgs in the past few months.
He told me that the body go’s into starve mode when you only eat one a day and hence the body stores more fat instead of burning it.
So this one fundamental factor of eating once a day only can induce such a event of fat is interesting as no one has ever told me that.
I have worked at many day hospitals doing VCT and not even the doctors I have seen in the past have informed me of the fat build up and weight gain.
So after I have scope done I will give a full report back on how it went and the findings.
He also said due to the fat gain and this not due to the meds and not due to the low sugar and blood pressure.
I will report back shortly – o yes before I forget it could be a hernia lets see what happens and I can only hope from the best.
Report from the GIS Unit Groote Schuur Hospital Cape Town
No comments:
Post a Comment