When I first found out I was HIV+ more than 20yrs ago, I was told that you had to get your affairs in order.
Well that was the start of this long journey up to the current day.
I volunteered for trial drugs as that was the way that we could get free medication those days back.
Today we are so fortunate that we receive them free of charge thanks to programmes from the USA ( Pres.Obama and Pres.Clinton)
Both these presidents have made an outstanding contribution to all South Africans
As one of the many I would like to say thank you Mr.President.
Not forgetting our own government and thanking them for making the positive change and providing all with meds.
Coming from the early days of NAPWA and the struggle then to the current situation where indeed we do get meds.
Not everything is perfect yet, but give it time and things will improve more.
My wish is that you too may live long and healthy as I have and do.
I love you all
Mark Farrell-Watling
No comments:
Post a Comment